Bulk up Your Legs With German Volume Training
German Volume Training is a type of workout that helps to work muscles to the extremes such that they are forced to grow rapidly to stand against the load. Building up muscles helps on to be strong and makes the whole body to fight diseases; the body muscles within a short period of time rather than using prescription drugs or steroids which have negative side effects on the body. This method hails from Germany, and its principle is to use an extensive volume with basic exercise in a 3-day split to speed up the rate of your muscle growth. This program is strictly for athletes who are looking to add muscle mass and is not designed to help in building strength.
Steps on How to Bulk up
- You must be an athlete, or you are one in the making. This is mainly because the aim of this kind of workout is to reap the benefits of core movements. You will be in a better position to hit as many muscle fibers as possible by attacking the muscle from a variety of angles with plenty of movements. Many have become champions in global competitions through this exercise. It is recommendable as an athlete to use the German volume training twice annually.
- To perform German volume training, you should start with a heavy squatting variation followed by heavy supplementary movement such as a leg press and then multiple sets of isolation movements to beat the legs into submission and make their muscles grow.
- There are ten sets of 10 repetitions of a compound movement; this is the protocol used. You can use 20 repetition maximum and a rest period of 60 seconds to a maximum of 3 minutes have been advocated. The rest depends on the type of anaerobic activity that you find suitable.
- You should keep changing the weights. However, working with the same weight continually for a long time, or obeying your fatigue symptoms will not help attain the intended benefits.
- If your goal is to get a high volume of in maximum growth, use high volume training load with short rest intervals. This method triggers the release of the anabolic growth hormone. The main purpose of engaging in this workout routine is to attack your muscle fibers as many times as you can via the same movements using extremely high volume. It’s the best way to experience major growth in your muscles after the training. You should try this exercise once a week for about six weeks. Once you achieve the prescribed weight, add five to ten pounds in the following week.
- The German training routine is as follow:
Day 1- Chest and Back:
- Inclined dumbbell press (10 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Close Grip Pull ups (10 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Bent over dumbbell rows (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Dumbbell chest fly (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
Chest-Back Superset Workouts With Erin Stern
[youtube id=”Paste Video ID 7zAzYM8m54Y” width=”580″ height=”337″]
Day 2- Legs and Abs
- Leg press 9 (10 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Hamstring curls (10 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Calf raises (3sets of 10 repetitions)
- Lying leg raises (3 sets of 10)
Day 3 – Take a good rest.
Day 4- Arms and Shoulders
- Parallel bar triceps dips (10 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Seated incline dumbbell curls (10 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Front raises (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
- Side later raises (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
Day 5 – Rest.
- Take body builders during meals – Take about eight meals per day with a total of about 800 grams of proteins inclusive. Remember the goal is to bulk your muscles, and hence you need to be properly fed. This will as well go a long way in ensuring that you lose body fat. The main reason you should take plenty of food is because a lot of blood has to be pumped to your muscle tissues, and hence you need to have adequate blood in your system. Due to the amount of blood pumped by the muscles, they should regularly be stretched to improve flexibility to prevent injury.
This is one of the most successful mass building programs that help the athletes at a very high rate. It has nothing cute or fancy rather its goal oriented i.e. giving good and satisfying results to the athletes. The athletes aim is to gain strength and size. It is extremely an effective way to put up on muscle fat, but the athlete has to train with intensity and purpose. This training puts muscle under a large amount of extra ordinary stress and anxiety which results in a hypertrophy of targeted muscle fiber. With this training, you can add 10 pounds of muscle within a period of six weeks. The athlete as the main trainee has to be strict punctual and disciplined to attain their goals. This training helps assist the General body health and fitness hence it’s very rare to find an athlete falling ill it a just case of injury in their life time. Being an athlete has great advantages. Following the German routine, you will get to understand that what gets measured gets managed.
Kathy Mitchell is an American content, writer. She belongs to a health and beauty expert family. Her writing, skills are descriptive and meaningful. She has been working with consumer health digest over five years. In her spare time, she loves to read health and lifestyle news. Her articles are both professional and creative. You can contact her on Facebook and Twitter.