Hamstring Workout | Leg Day
Legs are one of the most important body parts to train with resistance and here are our top 6 facts for why we recommend to train legs:
- You burn the most calories training legs
- Your metabolism increases meaning you burn more fat
- Improves overall muscularity – upper as well as lower body
- You’ll get stronger
- Your balance will improve – allowing your athletic performance to develop
- You’ll have better body symmetry – no one likes a big upper body with a skinny lower body
Today I want to talk about isolating one muscle within the leg that often gets neglected when we train our lower bodies. The hamstrings – the muscle at the back of our thigh that allows our leg to bend at the knee. When we talk about training legs many of you will immediately think squatting is most important exercise and that your quadriceps and glutes are the most important muscles to develop; however the significance of training hamstrings are duly noted and you’ll start seeing the all-important muscle gains from isolating them within a separate leg day workout.
I have filmed my most important hamstring isolation exercises for you to follow and recommend the following sets and reps for the exercises:
[youtube id=”39arBFQMPws” width=”580″ height=”337″]
- Stiff leg deadlifts – For definition and shape: 4 sets of 15 reps – For Strength: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Glute Bridge Thrusts – For definition and shape: 4 sets of 12-15 reps – For Strength: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Single Leg Romanian Deadlifts – For definition and shape: 4 sets of 15 reps per leg – For Strength: 3 sets of 8-10 reps for leg
- Good mornings – For definition and shape: 4 sets of 20 reps – For strength: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Kneeling side Cable Abductors – For definition and shape: 4 sets of 15 reps – For strength: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Laying down hamstring cable curl – For definition and shape: 3 sets of 15 reps – For Strength: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Kneeling cable kicks – For definition and shape: 3 sets of 15 reps – For strength: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- TRX Glute Raise – For definition and shape: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Ball Raise – For definition and shape: 3 sets of 12 reps
We recommend you integrate a similar workout alongside your quadriceps focused leg day to gain the most benefit out of training legs.
Please leave me a comment on the video if you have given this a go or if you would like more similar videos and enjoy it then please subscribe!