Protein Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake Topping Ingredients:
500g Quark (Purchase at most major supermarkets)
250g Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
2.5 Scoops Whey Protein Isolate (I use The Protein Works Whey 80 – 25g per scoop)
2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Egg Whites
100ml of Almond Milk or Soya Milk
100ml of water (Use 200ml if you don’t want to use milk)
Cheesecake Base Ingredients:
200g of Rolled Oats
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg
½ Teaspoon of Cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon of Ginger
2 Teaspoons of Honey or Agave Nectar
100ml of water
Preheat oven to 325°F or 160°C
Cheesecake Topping Directions:
- In a bowl mix the milk and/or water with 1 Scoop of Whey Protein Isolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yoghurt, quark, vanilla extract and the remaining Scoops of Whey Protein Isolate. Mix until smooth.
- Add the milk/water and protein combination to the quark combo and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Now gently fold the egg white peaks into the quark mixture.
Cheesecake Base Directions:
- Combine the oats, spices and water in a bowl.
- Separately melt down the coconut oil and honey or agave nectar in a pot until all has melted and combined.
- Create a well in the center of the bowl of oats and pour the melted mixture in. Gently mix through.
- Pour the crust into a 9-inch springform pan and using your hands press the oatmeal mixture down firmly.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the edges are turning slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool before proceeding.
Combine Topping and Base Directions:
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the cooled oatmeal crust pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at and let cool in the fridge for 4 hours – optional to add toppings.